Things might not be positive always, but nothing prevents me from having a positive outlook. I am writing my learning’s from different media here for my own reference.
- If you cannot change something, change the way you think about it
Acknowledge the reality of other people’s feelings.
All times pass, and tough times will pass too. Life is not easy, but you should keep on, with smile… You never know what wonderful benefits will come of a painful or difficult experience. Let it go.
- If something went wrong, it might always be my responsibility, but its not always my fault.
- when we think about our own behavior we see what doesn’t work, and do not focus on all the things that are working perfectly well. Find your strengths and build on them. Be aware of the behavior that do not work and focus on the behavior that work
- Your life is consequence of your actions and the result of your actions and there is no one to blame some one or cry when things go wrong. The way we think and the words we use determine the outcome of our life.
- Anger with emotions stems from a tendency toward perfectionism. One wants to control things and have events unfold as one wishes and have people behave exactly as I direct. Surprise! That’s not how the world works. You might be right in what you want to achieve, but that does not always matter. Voltaire is the great thinker responsible for the observation, “Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.”
- Don’t expect praise or appreciation.
- Reason is an imperfect instrument. You can work with people based on reason. Reason cannot explain many of life’s problems. Intuition transcends reason; it does not contradict reason.
Let me complete with these two statements
“ Health, happiness and success depend upon the fighting spirit of each person. The big thing is not what happens to us in life – but what we do about what happens to us." George Allen
“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day”(M W Edelman)