Today I read article “When to ask for more “ in Hindu Business Line. a nice article with a nice story. I always ask for more and this article made me realize what is the effect of asking more or trying to add more value. But I do recognize in the following situations I need to ask for more. I am pondering whether did I ask more in the following. Adding them for my reference.
- Ask for more clarity on a task when it is given to you . E-mails and SMS can be confusing and cross-checking to understand the task properly will provide you with efficient and timely task completion possibilities.
- Ask for more advice when you are not sure of what to do or how to do something. There are many experts right in your front yard; you simply have to recognize.
- Ask for more time while taking on a task by assessing the real hours or days it might take, but especially when you know you won’t be able to complete something you took on. Do it before the set deadline so that there are no unpleasant surprises from unexpected delays.
- Ask for more help to prioritise tasks when you have too much to juggle and can’t really decide what needs to be done first.
- Ask for more help when you can’t do it by yourself. Seek additional resources or technical tools to speed up and improve efficiency.
- Ask for more authority to take independent decisions. Also take the responsibility this brings, being aware that you will be subject to scrutiny— show you are a person of substance.