I read this Adrian’s article Things I wish that I had known when I was younger. It is a beautiful article and I found that some of them could have helped me had I known them earlier. Tough you try to change, it is not easier to change. Bookmarking the same to help me let my daughters and other youngster know of this truth earlier in their life.Thanks to Imran for sharing this
- Do they really matter. I have got excited about, anxious about, or wasted my time and energy on,at work , community and home about small things that turned out not to matter after some time. I learn that being patient would have saved a lot of energy and saved my emotional outbursts. Outbursts like fighting with big car driver on inner ring road or a fighting with a co passenger on the Volvo bus who talks indecently on the bus.
- The greatest source of misery and hatred in this world is clinging to past hurts. I have tried to get sympathy for my horrible pasts and tries to take excuse of my current actions based on my past actions. I know that this is a lot of misery. This includes the memories of how beautiful CMH road and 100 Feet road were 10 years back and how I lost an opportunity to buy a house there. I need to move on with my life.
- Trying to please other people is largely a futile activity. Most of the people you deal with will dislike, disparage, belittle, or ignore what you say or do most of the time. Be comforted. Those who love/like you will probably love/like you regardless, and they are the ones whose opinions are worth caring about. I have tried to please other people, stretched myself to please them, had emotional bursts at other places.I need to understand the effect of The Good Guy Contract
- Who else could you be? You can act and pretend, but the person acting and pretending is still you. And if you won’t accept yourself—and do the best you can with what you have—who then has any obligation to accept you?
- In your greatest strength may lie your fatal weakness. How do I react to an situation. Based on the situation or based on emotions. I do more on my emotions.Effectively the emotions control more than your logic does. i need to realize when it is important to make decisions with the help of our emotions, the decisions should not be made solely based on emotions (this is probably even more true for me than it is for normal, less-emotional, people). Sometimes I try to transfer my emotions to others? Am I whining? Is it my “ Your Achilles Heel: Live With It” I need to watch it carefully.