When I want to sign for services to a Cloud provider, I would like to look how the cloud provider scores on the following, in addition to cost advantage and other technical design constraints
- Can I move my existing applications to cloud, with little or no effort? This is in addition to building new applications.
- Easy way to export and import deployment environment
- Support for reusing existing software licenses and not need to purchase licenses again
- Support for various infrastructure configurations like firewall settings, configure host IP address, host name and MAC address
- Role based user features and provide permission levels for operations: administrator and users
- Does the provider helps me to generate costs specific to a specific department in my organization against one single cost to charge back the respective departments. the only way today is to sign multiple accounts.
- Self-Service Web Portal for Functional Users to get the job done with minimal intervention
- Good support from the provider and good availability of training materials