Some times back I have posted a blog “Green Initiative in Corporate Governance – I see a risk to investor interests”, my doubt has the first email coming from company XXX.
1. See the email below. Will the company publish these mistakes on a newspaper too?
2. I do not want companies to give my name and Folio No in demat account in the email.
Should they not encrypt and send the same?
3. At the same time, I wanted to mention that Tata motors send me a CD of the annual report.
I am sure this costs today less than printing a book and would prefer that instead of the email? Hence Should companies not ask for printed book, CD or by email?
Regd. Office: XXXXX
Name of the Shareholder:XXXXXXXXXX
Ref: Folio / DP Id & Client Id No:XXXXXXX, XXXXXXXX
We have noticed a few printing errors in the Annual Report of the Company for the financial year 2010-11 despatched to you in the first week of August 2011.
These printing errors have now been corrected. Accordingly, we have attached
1. Relevant revised notes on page 70 and page 135 of the full version of the Annual Report (Annexure I);
2. Statement under section 212 (8) of the Companies Act, 1956 forming part of the abridged Annual Report on pages 53-54 and full Annual Report on pages 159-160 (Annexure II)
We request you to read these versions in lieu of the versions in the Annual Report received by you.
Corrected versions of the Annual Report is available on the Company’s website http://www.XXXX.in and can be viewed / downloaded by clicking the following link:
XXXX Limited Annual Report 2010-2011
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
For XXXX Limited
Dy. Company Secretary
Place: New Delhi
Date: XXX 19, 2011